Angélica Dass‘s photography challenges how we think about skin color and ethnic identity. In this personal talk, hear about the inspiration behind her portrait project, Humanæ, and her pursuit to document humanity’s true colors rather than the untrue white, red, black and yellow associated with race.
Recording research in Blog Post:
Look at following Key Points of the video
- How a personal subject can impact a wider audience
- Public Engagement (Further research Humans Of New York)
- Portraiture= Adding context to a traditional image
How they relate to Contextual research for 1 square mile:
- How you could use your images to engage with your community
- Does your personal viewpoint of your ‘1 sq mile’ appeal to a wider audience?
- This supports wider research for future development